Our Field Of Membership Includes
- Those who live, work, worship, or attend schools in the following counties: Lee, Montgomery, Chambers, Pike, Barbour, Bullock, Macon, Elmore, Tallapoosa, Coosa, and Russell
- City of Auburn Employees and Families
- Auburn University and AUM Employees and Families
- Auburn City School Employees and Families
- Auburn Alumni Association Members
- Immediate Family Members of Eligible Members
The mission of Auburn University Credit Union is three-fold: to PROVIDE its members financial services, primarily savings and loan opportunities, to INVEST member savings, and to PROMOTE sound money management among its members.
The Credit Union Difference
So what’s the difference between a credit union and a bank? By definition, we are not-for-profit and exist to serve YOU! Our main goal is to serve and promote your financial well-being.
Like banks, we accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide array of other financial services. But unlike many banks that answer to shareholders, profits made by credit unions are returned back to members in the form of reduced fees, higher savings rates and lower loan rates. Bottom-line, because we are member-owned and a cooperative, a credit union provides a safe place for you to save and borrow at reasonable rates. You are more than a member, you are part owner!
AUCU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative established by the Alabama Credit Union Administration and federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.